2018 (in the few days it has been so far) is shaping up to be the Year of the Gangsta. Not the year of the rooster or the pig or whatever your Chinese restaurant placemat says. I officially declare it the year of the Gangsta. Not gangster. GANGSTA!
It’s the holidays and I was going to post something super fun and light-hearted. Then I read the news, which didn’t make me a total grinch. It did, however, push me to change the poll to an “Airing of Grievances”.
Because, just like on the famous Seinfeld episode, it’s December 23rd — time for Festivus!
We’ll skip the raising of the Festivus pole and feats of strength and instead just do a survey for the “Airing of the Grievances”.
2) Afternoon naps
3) Twinkling lights on the Christmas tree
4) Coca-Cola – seriously, how would I get by without it?
5) The engagement of people in our politics — higher than I’ve seen in a long time. (Let’s keep it up for November 2018!)
6) Self-affirmation – I’m good. You’re good. We’re both more secure than Trump.
7) We’ve survived another week, and at least some norms seem to be holding
We got this! We’re going to roll in to this weekend like nobody’s business!
It’s another “Feel Good Friday”! Whew..we made it through another week.
What has you smiling today?
1. Conference calls scheduled for an hour which last only 25 minutes;
2. Holiday lights twinkling at night;
3. Egg McMuffins which taste like heaven in your mouth;
4. Patti LaBelle’s voice no matter the lyrics she’s singing (see earlier post);
5. The movie Coco — enjoyed by three generations with bottomless popcorn; and as the grand finale…
6. This video:
I’m not style icon, but I do follow Tom & Lorenzo, a fantabulous fashion/pop culture website. They started out as bloggers running “Project Rungay” and now have expanded to larger fashion commentary. I don’t always agree with their ‘fabulous & opinionated’ takes, but usually they are on point.
And today is no different, as they provide their feedback on a gown worn by Zendaya (perhaps you know her from Dancing with the Stars, the kids remember her from some Disney show).
Here’s the gown:
Nothing like horse heads to cover up the boobs, eh?
Tom & Lorenzo take a pass on this look, as do I.
And isn’t looking at crazy fashion much more fun than Russia/political talk? We’re trying to keep it fun.